Steve Summerlin, CFP®
A Word from the President...
President, Summerlin Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Certified Financial Planner™ designation earned in 2003
- Insurance and financial services advisor since 1971
- Author of numerous professional trade journal articles
- Frequently featured keynote speaker for the financial services industry
- Interviewed by the media (television and radio) on numerous occasions
- Certified continuing education instructor
- Conducts estate and charitable planning seminar: From Success to Significance for non-profit organizations
- Registered representative of TransAm Securities, Inc. and Maitland Securities Inc.
- Member FINRA / SIPC
Professional Association Memberships:
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Florida Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (FAIFA)
- Gainesville Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (GAIFA)
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT); life and qualifying member since 1972
- Financial Planning Association
- Voted two-time recipient of the Chester R. Yates Financial Advisor of the Year award, by his Gainesville peers (GAIFA); 1985 and 1991.
- Voted by statewide peers as recipient of the 1996 C.G. Snead Financial Advisor of the Year award, the Florida Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors' highest award recognizing contribution to the industry, community, and clients.
- Two-time President of the Florida Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (FAIFA); 1991-1992, 1998-1999 terms.
- President, Indianapolis Life Insurance Association of General Agents (AGA), 1998-2000
- Life long resident of Gainesville, Florida
- Married to Judy
- Two children: Shannon and Stephen, Jr.; 3 grandchildren
- Hobbies: travel, reading, and people
Has served or chaired numerous community boards, including:
Franklin Graham Festival 2002 - Finance Committee Chair
Womens Resource Center, Inc.
Mental Health Services, Inc.
Cris Collinsworth Foundation
Council for Economic Outreach
Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
University of Florida Center for Performing Arts
The Heritage Club
8th Judicial Circuit Court Grievance Committee